<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6602696994495235426?origin\x3dhttp://the-loving-curse.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
.Wednesday, August 10, 2011 ' 9:38 PM
-- you're always in my mind --


Learning Log 6

In secondary 1, I have learnt about the basic literary
devices such as simile,
metaphors and so on
. At first I
thought that learning these is only helps during exams.
But, as time goes by, I found out that these could be
easily found in our daily lives.

Similes
are the comparison between two different
subjects indicated by the use of 'as' or 'like'. For
example 'as busy as a bee' and 'hardworking like
a bee'.It means the hardworking nature of the the
bee describes as busy.Metaphors
applies the
qualities of an object applied to another
.
For example,'the teacher thundered at the class
'.
Moving on to personification
, it is the attribution
of human beings to inanimate objects. For example,
'the wind whispered into my ears'.It shows the
wind, like a human, could whisper.Symbols
is an object will stand for something else,
usually something more abstract.For example,
'a lion symbolises bravery' and 'a rose symbolises
love'.while for visual, auditory, olfactory,
kinesthetic and tactile and descriptions that
involves our five senses.

I have also learnt about sound devices.Rhyme means
the similarity of ending sounds existing between
two words.Rhythm is the beat or pattern of stresses
as you read a passage or poem.Alliteration is the
repetition of initial consonant sounds that they describe.
Onomatopeoia is the formation of word, which echo
the sounds that they describe. Tone refers to the oral
expression of mood , attitude or point of view.

I have also learnt about diction and sentence structure,
these are a more advance level of literary devices.Connotation
, oxymoron, hyperbole, paradox, simple sentence,
complex sentence, incomplete sentences, exclamatioon,
rhetorial question and repetition.

I find it very hard to remember all the different types of literary
devices but hopes to remember them as they not only
help in exams but it also helps in correcting our grammar
error.





9:38 PM
-- 8letters,3words,iLOVEyou --







♥ Me, Myself & I ♥
♥ ♥ ♥

Letitia

That's Not An Important Name To Remember But u r @ www.the-loving-curse.bs.com. My Blog Is 100% Copyrighted. Originated From Sembawang Pri. Currently In Evergreen Sec Participating In NPCC and Proud Of It!! Siao 13 and Going To Be 14 On 30/7/2011. I Am Who I Am N U Have No Rights To Have A Big Mouth. I Know I Am Not Perfect, Smart n Pretty But I Know My Role. For Those Who Hate Me, 2 Words To Say, Jealous Right?? Spamming Is Allowed Here. But Pls Use Yur Real Name Unless U Don Hav One. Love Me, I'll Love U Back. Hate Me, I'll Hate U Back But Too, Scram. Or You Wanna A Easier Way ? Just Press : Alt + F4
. Thank You.

underline , italic , bold

♥ Cravings ♥
- ♥HIM♥< >
- Lance Corperal< ♥ >
- i-phone< >
- PSP< >
- LAPTOP< >
- GOOD RESULTS< >
- Own Room< >
- Nitendo DS< >
- MP3< >
- MP4< >
- Pet hamster< ♥ >
- A bit more freedom< ♥ >
- Hang out with my primary frens< >
- visit my pri school< >
- Less homework< >
- Trip to Korea< >
- Trip to Japan< >

♥ Chit ; Chats ♥

♥ Fly Away ♥
FAMILY FUN!!
♥ Sherman Ng ♥
♥ Steffi Ong ♥
♥ Clair Ong ♥

CLASS..CCA
♥ 11Batch NPCC ♥
♥ 9Batch NPCC ♥
♥ EVG NPCC ♥
♥ 1Commitment'10 ♥

GUYS HEY!!!
♥ Jasper Eap ♥
♥ Koh Xian Ming ♥
♥ Adam Tan ♥
♥ Colin Chua ♥
♥ Jacky ♥

GIRLS HEY!!!
♥ Siew Wei ♥
♥ Cindy Gan ♥
♥ Lim Fong Jie ♥
♥ Vanessa ♥
♥ Hui Mei ♥
♥ Elisa ♥
♥ Rui Yun ♥
♥ Angie ♥
♥ Cassandra Chan ♥
♥ Karen Koh ♥
♥ Clarie Chin ♥
♥ Claris Yeo ♥
♥ Shirleen Yap ♥
♥ Nur Amira ♥
♥ Felicia Aw ♥
♥ Joanna ♥
♥ Nur Shayizah ♥
♥ Alicia ♥
♥ Cai Xia ♥
♥ Jin Ting ♥
♥ Ming Ming ♥
♥ Lenet ♥


♥ Memories ♥
<$BlogArchiveName$>


♥ Jukebox ♥

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

♥ Credits ♥
Designer: candygirl
Basecoder: 1
Image hosting: 1
Brushes: 1 2
Fonts: 1
Others: photoshop cs3